Lee and I work with Chi Alpha Campus Ministries at the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bella Boo is Turning 2

Bella turned 2 on Sunday. What a special day. I was up at 6 that morning to feed Brennan. As I was getting into bed almost an hour later, I opened Bella's door to check on her, and her head popped up. She said, "Lay down Mama." So I brought her to bed with me. I was holding her almost exactly at the time I had her 6:41 am. So neat.
We were able to really spoil her this year, which is something we've never been able to afford to do. The Lord has really blessed us, and we got her everything we wanted to: a new tricycle, princess dress up clothes, and the winner - an automatic bubble machine. It was so much fun watching her get what she loves!! The only thing was that she found her tricycle hidden in Brennan's room, and was quite disappointed when I wouldn't let her ride it until her daddy got back from picking up her cake.
She spent the day surrounded by family and played her heart out with her 2 cousins - Diamond and Mercy. She played so hard that she crashed on me at 8:30. Talk about another sweet moment...I had one baby in each arm. I absolutely loved it.
We are so blessed. We have 2 happy, healthy, beautiful babies. We pray every day for that, and ask that they will serve the Lord for the rest of their lives. A lot of that will be determined by our personal relationship with Jesus. If they see our relationships with Jesus, it can give them the desire to have a relationship of their own with Him.
I'm disappointed in some of the students who have come to UL and have a strong church background - and they are MIA. It makes me think that they never really had a relationship with Jesus in the first place. I know that seems harsh, but it's how I feel. I don't understand it at all. And I don't want it to happen to my children. I want them to love Jesus on their own and continue to no matter what happens and where they go when they leave our home.

2 comments:

  1. Amen Bri!
    We're praying that for your children as well.
    Because I want them look back and say "Wow, we have such wonderful examples of what a relationship with God should look like!"
    I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family God has given you...I say that with a bit of jealousy...but Im so happy for you guys! Can't believe that Bella is 2 and that you have 2 kids, how things change so quickly.

    ReplyDelete