Lee and I work with Chi Alpha Campus Ministries at the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Brennan's Here!!!

He's here! It's almost 2 weeks ago that it all started. That's crazy to believe. I started having contractions on Saturday - yep, he waited for every Welcome Week event to be over...All day Saturday, I wasn't sure if it was false labor or not. I spent several hours in the triage when we went to the hospital for Bella, and I wasn't going to repeat that mistake. So, we waited it out. Lee cleaned like a madman last Saturday. Bella played. I had contractions every 10 minutes. All day long. I tried going to sleep at 1 am. I guess if I had wanted my contractions to speed up, I should have tried going to sleep. They got closer and stronger. Around 3:15 am, they were about 4 minutes apart, and I told Lee we should call Hope to come stay with Bella. We got things ready, Hope got here, and we were off to the hospital. They almost put me in a room, but made me go to triage first. I told the nurse that if I was at 1 cm, I was going home. I was at 3 cm. I started to tell the nurse how quickly I went through transition and my delivery. Thankfully, she believed me.
To be honest, I did not feel as brave this time. I wanted to deliver this baby naturally as well, but I'm not going to lie...these contractions hurt worse than for bella. I just wanted it to be over with. I seriously contemplated medicine. It was awful. Thanks to my nurse Jordan believing me, they brought me to a room even though they didn't check me again. After getting in the room and getting in the bed they checked me. I was at 6.5 cm. this was only about an hour after being at the hospital. Everything intensified. I moaned - ok, screamed - a lot more this time around. I couldn't help it. It just hurt. Before I knew it - yet it seemed like hours - they checked me again and she said I was complete. She pressed a button and the doctor was there a few minutes later. All of the sudden, I felt pressure. Last time they told me to tell them when I felt pressure and they would tell me when to push. This time, I said, "OK, somebody help me, I feel pressure!!" The doctor said, "OK, push when you're ready." So I pushed. Then I leaned back to take a breath. They said that it was ok to take a break and to push again when I was ready. I did. They said they saw the head. I pushed again and he was out. 3 pushes in 3 minutes. No stitches needed this time. Everything was perfect. The first thing I said was, "That's a big baby!" All I saw was little rolls.
He is absolutely perfect. God has blessed us with 2 happy, healthy babies. God is so good to us. We couldn't ask for more. Another new adventure begins. It is definitely different this time around. Experience helps so much more than you would ever believe. I'm still tired, but I know that this is only for a short season. Bella's almost 2. Brennan will be 2 before I know it. I want to enjoy every moment, and that is what I plan on doing on this wonderful adventure with my beautiful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment