Lee and I work with Chi Alpha Campus Ministries at the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Staycare

I have thought about this a few times recently...if I were still teaching, I would be going back to work this week. I would be leaving my children in the care of someone else for about 9 hours of the day. Brennan is just 6 weeks old. He's so small. He wants to be held and cuddled. I want to be the one to do that! I know many mom's who want to do that too with their little one, but they don't have the option. So, thank you to our support team members who sacrificially give of their finances to us so that I can have the opportunity to be at home with my babies. It is worth it to make our own financial sacrifices for me to stay at home, too. It would break my heart every day to have to drop them off and pick them up and miss out on so much of their day every day.

Now, staying home isn't always the easiest thing. There are days when I want to pull my hair out every hour on the hour. Bella has gotten into this thing that when she wants something, she repeats it over and over until she gets it or gets your attention to see what she's doing. She talks ALL of the time now. Non-stop. I won't trade it, though.

I have a hard time imagining what it's going to be like when Brennan is 2 and Bella is 4. I'm happy that they will be able to keep each other entertained. It is hard to think that day will come!! After rough nights, it seems like it is oh sooo far away, but I know, it will be here sooner than I want it to!

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you are able to stay home with your kiddos. It really is an amazing blessing. Some days are tough, really tough, but in the end it's totally worth it. There are moments when I think about what we could buy if I worked too, but it's not worth having to leave my kids with someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a blessing. I was able to stay home with both girls for the first two years only by the God's provision. It's so funny to look back because we made barely anything, but God provided.

    ReplyDelete