Lee and I work with Chi Alpha Campus Ministries at the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bella Slept Through the Storm...

Bella slept through the storm...

While I was up feeding Brennan, it began to pour down rain. Such a good sound that I haven't heard in a long time. I could hear the thunder and see the reflection of lightening through the windows. There was one really close lightening strike followed by an immediate crash of thunder - the loudest I've heard in a long time.
I began to think that Bella was going to be awake and afraid of the storm. I laid Brennan down and went to her room. She was still asleep in the same position she was in right before I went to bed earlier. She was sleeping through the storm.

When Lee and I encounter the storms of life, I think it is important for Bella to sleep through the storm. Sure, I want her to know that we live in an imperfect world. I want her to know that there are struggles, and that her mommy and daddy may not always see eye-to-eye. But for now, she needs to feel safe and protected. She needs to live a blissful, carefree life. She's 2...she should enjoy it.

Maybe I need to sleep through the storm as well. I'm safe. I'm protected. God is working in me and through me. There's not much else to really do through a storm besides get a good night's sleep. Instead of worrying that my roof is going to fly off, I should just go to sleep. If it does fly off, then we'll deal with that. That's what insurance is for. :) But there's no sense losing sleep until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment