Lee and I work with Chi Alpha Campus Ministries at the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Still No Baby...

Having a baby is one of the most unique experiences any woman could ever go through. It's just insane that you don't know how your body is going to react, and it will most likely be totally different each time you go through it. This pregnancy has been nothing like the one with Bella. I had Bella 10 days early. I woke up in the morning with a contraction, and I knew that I was going into labor. That was that. Every morning I wake up and think "could today be the day??" and it hasn't been so far. I'm still waiting. I'm still dilated at 1 cm - for the 3rd week in a row! What the heck!?! He's just not ready to come!
I know that he's going to be so different than Bella. She was almost predictable. She kicked regularly at the same time every day. When someone wanted to feel her kick, it was almost like she knew she needed to perform...which she still does today...she loves to perform. His kicks have been sooo inconsistent. I never know when he's going to start moving. He moves a lot, but it's never at the same time or the same way. Lee and I have discussed that we'll most likely hear Brennan say "Bella, you're not my mom." She's already getting bossy. She gets that from me. I'm still bossy. It's amazing to see the character traits as well as other traits that she has picked up from both of us. How she says things like I do...she stands like Lee does...it's just crazy. It will be fun to see how Brennan is. I'm definitely excited that I get to stay home with them both. It is going to be fun to watch them grow. When Bella was born, I really felt like I was "left out" of everything that was happening at Chi Alpha...and I tried really hard to be a part of everything. Now, I don't feel that way. I am excited that our kids and I get to be a part of all that we can, and we'll get to see the students as they grow over this year...and they'll get to see our kids grow. It's a great place to be in!

2 comments:

  1. Yep. My two deliveries were totally different and the second one was not at all like everyone said it was going to be. You just never know. He'll come in his own time.

    And, trust me, getting to stay home with them is a blessing. You'll never regret it. I got to stay home the first couple of years with both of mine and I treasure those years.

    Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will! I was talking to a friend about how many "births" we've seen lately through facebook posts through the whole thing. I have to admit...it's a good idea to keep myself distracted! So, I will definitely keep you posted!!

    ReplyDelete