Lee and I work with Chi Alpha Campus Ministries at the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

When the head and heart don't mix

I wanted to be able to write that my doctor told me Brennan will be here any moment now...but that didn't really happen today at my weekly check up. The baby is in position, but that's all we know. I have to believe that God's timing is absolutely perfect. To be honest, my heart wants to believe that, but my head doesn't seem to be following through. Brennan is due on August 30th, which is the Monday after the BIGGEST event of the year - Burger Bash. It's one of Lee's busiest days ever...There were over 500 people at this event last year and we're expecting more this year...Last year we gave away a Wii...this year, we're giving away an iPad to one lucky freshman. This is just huge. It makes me nervous to think that I would still be pregnant at this time. When I think about having to adjust to sleepless nights and all kinds of other things, I just want to say, "God, we are not as busy right now...this is just the fall planning stage...it would be a great time for the baby to come..." But in my heart I know that God's timing is perfect. It's the whole idea of me not trusting in my own understanding. I don't understand how this is all going to work out. But I have the faith that it will. Faith doesn't mean that I understand. It means that I believe even when I don't understand. I know that God has our family's best interest in mind. He also has the best interest in mind for each of the 3,000 freshmen who will be coming onto our campus in a matter of weeks. We are getting ready for the biggest harvest time of the year, and also the biggest change for our family. God's going to take care of both. I can believe that...even though I don't really have a clue how He's going to do it all. It is a comforting thing to know He's God and I am not.

1 comment:

  1. i love you guys (even though i'm not in lafayette anymore) and i'm praying for you guys.
    i know ya'll have a great support system around ya'll and i know this to be true, the same God who takes care of me is gonna take care of you guys.
    -courtney

    ReplyDelete