Lee and I work with Chi Alpha Campus Ministries at the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Monday, August 23, 2010

New Faces

New faces are everywhere!! It's so exciting!!! I love seeing our student leaders walk in with groups of new friends. It's amazing. We really do have the potential to grow our student group to the vision that God has given us for this campus. It seems like a lot to have 1200 students - even overwhelming because we know that it is going to take a lot of work and dedication to get there. But our student leaders are working for it!! And it would be absurd for us to think that we will not be spiritually attacked during this time. Things are going really well so far. I am praising God for that. Sometimes I don't want to say things like that because I don't want to "jinx" it. That's not how the God that I serve works!! We are having and will continue to have a great start to this semester. We're going to double our student group this year. I believe it. I know it can happen by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I love it that these new faces I see right now will be the future faces of leaders. That gives me chills. We have met and worked with some amazing leaders in the 3 years that we've been here. Right now, it's hard to say who will be the next Tony Jones or Lindsay Mula or Tyren Snyder or Shelly Duet. They could be standing right next to us at one of these Welcome Week events. Or they could be in the dorms still waiting for an invitation. There is so much power in an invitation.

I love what we do. I'm guessing (maybe hoping) that Brennan is holding off for the week. He must know that his daddy is extremely busy right now. That's OK. Bella knows that her daddy is "working at cafe." That's pretty cool to hear. And it's pretty neat that we can go to visit whenever we feel the need. We're going to make it a part of our week, even when the baby gets here. I am blessed to be working alongside my husband in this ministry. We are blessed to be a part of lives that are changing the world. Man, this is a great adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment