Lee and I work with Chi Alpha Campus Ministries at the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hearing His Voice

Is listening to the voice of God is different from listening for the voice of God? Maybe it is a position of the heart...a state of mind. Both require being in a distraction free zone.

That's really hard to find. With a newborn and a 2 year old, everything about me seems to be a distraction right now. There's not a lot of silence. So, how do I hear from God? How is He speaking to me? I do believe He is still speaking to me, even if I'm not hearing anything. I want to do whatever it takes to hear Him. That is something I have to learn to do in this new stage where there's a baby crying, Elmo and Bella singing, and thoughts of all the other things that need to be done right now and really all I want to do is sleep for a few more minutes.

I know He is speaking to me, and I desperately want to hear Him. Maybe He will speak to me through my little girl as she's singing, or the look in Brennan's eyes when he smiles, or a quiet moment with my husband. His voice is there in all of those...I just want to know what He is saying.

2 comments:

  1. My mom always prayed for God to speak to me in my dreams. As a mom with young kids, that might just be the best place for Him to speak! :) Maybe as you look at your children He will remind you of the complete trust your children have in you, and how you are His child.

    ReplyDelete