Lee and I work with Chi Alpha Campus Ministries at the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Nap Time

Two months ago, Bella and I were in a pretty good routine. She took her nap around 1:30-3:30 pm with a little variation, and I could decide what I wanted to do during that time. I would often read my Bible and pray, catch up on a tv show, clean our house, or take a nap myself.
Now, things are different. It's almost rare for both babies to take a nap at the same time. It seems like when I get Bella down, Brennan is starting to wake up. On the days that their naps overlap, I don't know what to do with myself. I know the rule of "sleep when the baby sleeps," but there are so many other things that need to be done!!

I also know that this is just a season. I keep thinking how it seems like we just brought Bella home from the hospital and now she's a mini-adult :o) Things happen so quickly. Brennan is almost 2 months old already. That's just craziness. And that is what is getting me through life right now. I know that this season is going to pass by very quickly. The Bible even says that our lives are but "a vapor." Mists don't last for long.

The next stage will be here soon. He's already laughing and cooing. He'll be rolling over in no time - to get away from Bella. Bella's using reason and logic and using it to communicate with us. That's just insane. When the students see her at the cafe, they say they can't believe how much she's grown and how she communicates. They are the ones who say she's a mini-adult.

So, I may not get as many naps as I would like right now, but I know that soon enough, I can have as many as I want. And I will sleep through the night again. It's just a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment