Lee and I work with Chi Alpha Campus Ministries at the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Friday, October 22, 2010

What a Week

It's been a crazy week!!

Highlights and Lowlights:

High: We had a great family weekend. It was our first big outing with Brennan. We went to the Boudin Cookoff downtown Lafayette. It was fun! Bella played in the water at Parc Sans Sauci. Some of the students were there and got to watch!! It was precious.

High: Bella and I went to "Come Learn and Play with Me" today (Friday). She had a great time. It's a safe environment, and I met 2 mommies there. I am definitely going back, and I'm going to do a little investigating...like possibly signing up for the Mother's Day Out program and possibly asking to design the owner's newsletter.

High: I went for my postpartum check up. I'm cleared to do whatever I want! :) It made me thankful for my health, my perfect delivery (which was super fast compared to what I heard while waiting for doctor), and my healthy beautiful babies. I'm one blessed girl.

High: We were super financially blessed this month from supporters and friends! It's amazing to know that people believe in us and what we are doing.

Low: Lee's truck broke down. Wouldn't start at all. He was not far from our house getting cardboard for the homecoming float, and he called me to come to the rescue. I towed his truck with our suburban back to our house. THEN I towed it to the mechanic's across town. CRAZY! (and that might be a part of a high). The mechanic told us it would cost one price, and then the next day his brother told us it would cost $300 more! When I told my dad (a diesel mechanic himself), he freaked out and told us to go tow the truck back because we were being ripped off. Luckily, the truck started and I didn't have to tow it back home. Now we are trying to figure out where we're going to take it. At least we didn't pay the $750 we were told it's going to take.

Sometimes when I think about my lows, I don't want to put them because they seem so petty. My 3 day headache doesn't compare to some of the other things that my friends are going through. We are a blessed family, no matter what goes wrong...or how rough the week may seem. God is so good to us. He wants good things for us. I want to be like the Apostle Paul in the Bible and learn to be content and have joy no matter what circumstances a week may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment