Lee and I work with Chi Alpha Campus Ministries at the University of Louisiana Lafayette.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Speak to Me

God can speak to people through dreams at night. Lee has had this experience way more than I have. He'll have a dream, and then the Lord reveals what the dream was about after he wakes up. God spoke to Joseph that way. He appeared to Mary about her supernatural pregnancy, but He spoke to Joseph through a dream...a couple of times. There were many other great men in the Bible whom God spoke to through their dreams. I don't really remember a specific time of this happening to me, but I do know that I'm ready to hear God's voice. I'm ready for Him to speak to me. How He speaks to me is going to be different from the way He speaks to Lee. I'm ok with that. I just need to listen. My time is spent in different ways now days. There's a little girl who requires a lot of attention - or else we end up with crayon coated walls...And soon there will be a little boy who demands full-time attention for the first few months of his life. So the way that God speaks to me is going to be unique to my circumstances.
This won't stop me. I'm ready to experience God more. I'm not content with where I am...

1 comment:

  1. There's a book by Nancy Ortberg called "Looking for God." I read some of it, and in the first few chapters she talks about how her "quiet time" changed dramatically when she had kids, and how our relationship with God changes in different stages of life. Here's the link on Amazon if you want to take a look at it:

    http://www.amazon.com/Looking-God-Unexpected-Journey-Pronouns/dp/1414313322/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280765746&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete